Updated February 1st 2023
1. Information UPSELL WIZARD Collects
Through our Services, we collect Personal Data:
- from Merchants,
- from visitors to our Websites, and
- through other internal and external business partners.
UPSELL WIZARD collects the email addresses of people who send us emails. We also collect information on what pages Merchants access and information provided to us by Merchants via surveys and the Registration Process. Such information may contain Personal Data, including the Merchant's name, business name, email address, store URL, location, and phone number.
The types of information We may collect from Merchants are as follows:
- Contact Information: Including phone number, email, and physical addresses;
- Account Information: Usernames, passwords, and account preferences;
2. Sources of Personal Data
- Shopify E-commerce platform;
- Our Service;
- Business partners;
- Advertising partners.
When you complete the Registration Process for the Service by downloading the Shopify application, Shopify will provide your name, email address, and physical address to UPSELL WIZARD. Merchants are not required to enter a credit card as they will be charged directly by the Shopify platform.
3. Data Use.
UPSELL WIZARD will not disclose Personal Data without that Merchant's written permission. However, certain Personal Data collected from You, and about You, is used within the context of providing the Service to You.
UPSELL WIZARD may also carry out any other purpose for which the data was collected, to the extent such purpose is necessarily contemplated by the collection of such information or as otherwise notified in the Service at the time of collection.
UPSELL WIZARD uses 3rd party services to help Us provide the Service effectively (e.g. maintenance, analysis, audit, transactions, archiving, and marketing and development). These 3rd party services will have access to Merchants' Personal Data as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on the behalf of UPSELL WIZARD and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
UPSELL WIZARD utilizes 3rd party services to store all information regarding Merchants' actions on their account for the purpose of reconstructing the Hosted Service should UPSELL WIZARD have a system crash resulting in loss of data.
UPSELL WIZARD will avail itself of Merchants' email addresses to get in contact with those Merchants.
UPSELL WIZARD targets, and measures the performance of ads to Merchants, visitors and others both on and off the Service, directly, or through a variety of partners. UPSELL WIZARD is using data from advertising technologies on and off the Service, like and session information.
A cookie is a small amount of data, including an anonymous unique identifier. Websites may use both session cookies (which expire once You close Your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on Your computer or mobile device until you delete them). Cookies are sent to Your browser from a website and stored on Your computer's hard drive. We assign every computer that accesses Our website a different cookie.
We use two categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by Us to Your computer or mobile device, which We use to recognize Your computer or mobile device when it revisits Our websites; and (2) third-party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on Our websites, and can be used by these parties to recognize Your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third-party cookies can be used for various purposes, including site analytics, advertising, and social media features.
Necessary - These cookies are required to allow the technical operation of our Services (e.g. they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
Targeting - Advertising companies use these cookies to collect information about how you use Our Sites and other websites over time. These companies use this information to show you ads they believe will be relevant to You within our Services and elsewhere and to measure how the ads perform.
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ ;
- Microsoft - https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement ;
Cookies can be used to track Merchants' and visitors' sessions on Our website and to serve customized ads from Google and other 3rd party vendors. When you visit Our website, you may view advertisements posted on the website by Google or other 3rd parties. Through 1st party and 3rd party cookies, these 3rd parties may collect information about you while you are visiting Our website and other websites. They may use this data to show you advertisements on Our website and across the Internet based on your prior visits to Our website and elsewhere on the Internet. We do not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that You will see.
We use a service provided by Google called Google Analytics ("GA"). GA permits us to reach people who have previously visited our site and show them relevant advertisements when they visit other sites across the Internet in the Google Display Network. This is often called 're-marketing'.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept Our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in using Our websites. For example, We may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device, and you may need to log in every time you visit Our websites.
3.5 Other Technologies.
In addition to cookies, Our websites may use other technologies, such as Flash technology to create pixel tags in order to collect information automatically.
Browser Web Storage -
We may use browser web storage (including via HTML5), also known as locally stored objects ('LSOs'), for similar purposes as cookies. Browser web storage enables the storage of a more significant amount of data than cookies. Your web browser may provide the functionality to clear your browser's web storage.
Flash Technology -
We may use Flash cookies (which are also known as Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) on Our websites to collect and store information about your use of Our websites. Unlike other cookies, Flash cookies cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including Flash applications used in connection with our websites.
Web Beacons -
We may also use web beacons (known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on Our websites and in Our HTML-formatted emails to track Merchants' and visitors' actions on Our websites and interactions with Our emails. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML- formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of Our marketing campaigns or engagement with Our emails and to compile statistics about usage of the websites, so that We can manage Our content more effectively.
3.6 Managing Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies.
You can control and manage cookies and similar tracking technologies in various ways. Please remember that removing or blocking cookies and similar tracking technologies can negatively impact your user experience, and parts of Our websites may no longer be fully accessible. Your options for controlling what information cookies and similar tracking technologies collect about you include the following:
- Opt-out of customized Google ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager ( https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ ), and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: ( https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996 ; )
- Opt-out of re-marketing by using the NAI Consumer Opt-Out service: ( https://optout.networkadvertising.org ; )
- Opt-out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app: ( https://youradchoices.com/appchoices ; )
- Opt-out of Microsoft Bing cookies here: ( https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/signedout ; )
- Opt-out of LinkedIn cookies here: (https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy ; )
- Opt-out of Meta/Facebook cookies here: ( https://m.facebook.com/policy/cookies ; )
Your mobile device settings may provide additional functionality to limit the use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
Your use of the UPSELL WIZARD website without opting out means that you understand and agree to data collection to provide you with re-marketing ads using GA and cookies from other 3rd party vendors based on Your prior visits to Our website and elsewhere on the Internet. Please note that We also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms linked above.
4. Data Sharing Method and Purpose.
UPSELL WIZARD will only use and disclose Personal Data internally in order to:
- Understand and meet your needs and preferences;
- Develop new, and enhance existing, service offerings;
- Manage and develop Our business and operations;
- Carry out any purpose for which We have received your consent;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements.
UPSELL WIZARD may disclose any information collected about you, whether you are a current or former Merchant, with law enforcement, data protection authorities, government officials, and other authorities when:
- Compelled by subpoena, court order or other legal procedure;
- UPSELL WIZARD believes the disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- Disclosure is necessary to report suspected illegal activity;
- UPSELL WIZARD obtains your consent or at your direction.
4.1 Sharing Data With 3rd Party Service Providers.
4.1.1 UPSELL WIZARD Service.
UPSELL WIZARD shares Merchant email addresses with 3rd party product and service providers for the sole purpose of providing the Service.
UPSELL WIZARD also shares some Merchant data with 3rd party service providers (“Sub-processors”) for analytic purposes in order to provide the best user experience. The following provides a list of those 3rd party Sub-processors as well as a link to their privacy policies.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Hosting Infrastructure. https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/ ;
- Intercom: Support, Messaging & Marketing. https://www.intercom.com/legal/privacy ;
- Metabase: Analytics & Reporting. https://www.metabase.com/privacy ;
- Rollbar: Error Reporting & Monitoring. https://docs.rollbar.com/docs/privacy-policy ;
- Papertrail: Internal Logging. https://www.papertrail.io/privacy ;
- Memetria: Caching, Sessions & Job Queues. https://www.memetria.com/privacy.html ;
- Cloudflare: Security, DNS & Load Balancing. https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/ ;
- Shopify: eCommerce Platform Integration. https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy ;
- Google: Analytics & Advertising. https://policies.google.com/privacy ;
- Mailgun: Email Messaging. https://www.mailgun.com/legal/privacy-policy/ ;
- New Relic: Server and Performance Monitoring. https://newrelic.com/termsandconditions/services-notices ;
UPSELL WIZARD uses Merchants' personal information when sending communications to them.
5. Legal Basis for Processing Data.
Where You have provided consent to process Your Personal Data, You have the right to withdraw or decline Your consent at any time. Where We rely on legitimate interests, You have the right to object.
6. Merchant Choices and Obligations.
6.1 Data Retention.
UPSELL WIZARD takes measures to delete Your Personal Data or keep it in a de-identified form when Your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which We process it, unless We are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, We consider various factors, such as the type of services provided to You, the nature and length of Our relationship with You, and any mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
6.2 Accessing and Controlling Your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data, You have the following options:
- Delete Data: You can request deletion of some or all of Your Personal Data that UPSELL WIZARD has access to. UPSELL WIZARD will delete all data except that for which it has a legal obligation to retain. Due to the fact that some of Your data is necessary for UPSELL WIZARD to provide the Service to You, You will not be able to use the Service following the deletion of Your data. This will effectively cancel any subscription that the Service facilitates on Your behalf;
- Change or Correct Data: You have the right to request change of incorrect Personal Data that UPSELL WIZARD has about You;
- Object to, Limit or Restrict Use of Data: You can request that UPSELL WIZARD stops using all, or some, of Your Personal Data (e.g. if We have no legal right to continue to use it) or to limit Our use of it (e.g. if your Personal Data is inaccurate or unlawfully held). UPSELL WIZARD only collects and processes data that is necessary to perform Our Service to the Merchant. By objecting to, limiting, or restricting use of Your data, You may render UPSELL WIZARD incapable of providing the Service to You.
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Personal Data: You have the right to ask UPSELL WIZARD for a copy of your Personal Data stored by Us and can ask for a copy of Your Personal Data You provided in machine readable form.
You can request any of the above-mentioned actions by sending an email to [email protected] .
In relation to all procedures relating to UPSELL WIZARD's collection, processing, and storage of Your Personal Data, You have the right to appeal to the supervisory authority of the European Union (EU) Member State in which you reside.
6.3 Account Information and Account Deletion.
You may access and review or update Your account information at any time by accessing the UPSELL WIZARD application through Shopify or by logging into Your account through the UPSELL WIZARD website.
If You choose to close Your UPSELL WIZARD account, please uninstall the UPSELL WIZARD application or contact us at [email protected] . Your account will be deleted and Your Personal Data will be erased within 30 days of receiving Your request with the sole exception of your email address. UPSELL WIZARD will continue to use Your email address for statistical purposes and to send you marketing emails that inform You of additional features that UPSELL WIZRAD has implemented. All marketing emails will include an option to unsubscribe from future marketing emails.
You may send a redaction request to Shopify requesting the removal of all of Your stored information. If You make such a request through Shopify, that request will be forwarded to UPSELL wizard and We will comply with Your request by removing all of Your Personal Data from Our systems.
UPSELL WIZARD implements reasonable security practices and procedures to help protect the confidentiality and security of Your information, including any non-public Personal Data.
The security of Your Personal Data is important to us. UPSELL WIZARD protects Your information using reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures, including by limiting access to Your information to employees that require knowledge of that information. To ensure Your Personal Data is secure, UPSELL WIZARD communicates its privacy and security guidelines to its employees and strictly enforces privacy safeguards within the company.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to Your Shopify username and password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping Your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on Your account via unauthorized password activity.
8. Children's Privacy.
By using Our website or downloading our application, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given Us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use Our website.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Data from children under 13 years of age and no part of our Services are directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Data violating this Policy, you may notify us at [email protected] .
9. External Links.
When you use Our website, you may find links to other websites We don't own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of your Personal Data. Before proceeding to that website, you should review its terms and conditions and privacy policies.
10. California Privacy Rights.
Categories of Personal Data Collected and Disclosed:
- Identifiers. We automatically collect identifiers such as your name, address, email, IP address, and other online identifiers from you when you visit our website. For information about Our purpose for processing identifiers, please refer to Section 1. We may disclose this information to Our analytics and advertising partners and Affiliates, as described in Sections 3 and 4 above. We do not sell Personal Data, as this term is defined under the CCPA.
- Commercial information. For information about Our purpose for processing identifiers, please refer to Section 3. We may disclose this information to Our Affiliates and our advertising and analytics partners, as further described in Sections 3 and 4 above. We do not sell Personal Data, as this term is defined under the CCPA.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. We collect information automatically from you when you visit Our website, such as browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding interactions with an internet website, application, or advertisement, including other usage data related to your use of the Service or other online services. For information about Our purpose for processing identifiers, please refer to Section 3 above. We may disclose this information with Our Affiliates and analytics and advertising partners as further described in Section 3 and 4 above. We do not sell Personal Data, as this term is defined under the CCPA.
Right to Know: With respect to the Personal Data We have collected about you in the past 12 months, you have the right to request from Us (up to twice per year and subject to certain exemptions):
- Categories of Personal Data.
- Information about you We have collected.
- The sources from which We have collected that Personal Data.
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing that Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties to whom We have disclosed that Personal Data.
Right to Access: You also may have the right to receive a copy of the specific pieces of Your Personal Data that We have collected.
Right to Delete: Subject to certain conditions and exceptions, You may have the right to request the deletion of Personal Data that We have collected about You.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale: The CCPA requires notice and an opportunity to opt-out from certain disclosures of Personal Data considered a "sale" as defined in the CCPA. A "sale" includes disclosing or making available Personal Data to a third party in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. We do not "sell" Personal Data under this definition.
Right to Correct: You may request that We correct any of Your Personal Data that is inaccurate.
Right to Limit: You can direct Us to only use Your sensitive Personal Data, such as your social security number, financial account information, Your precise geolocation data, or Your genetic data, for the limited purposes of providing You with the services you requested.
"Shine the Light" Disclosure: We do not disclose Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights described in this section.
Authorized Agent: You may designate someone as an authorized agent to submit requests and act on your behalf. To do so, you must provide Us with written permission to allow the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
Submitting Privacy Rights Requests: Please note if you are a Customer, you must contact the relevant Merchant directly about your privacy rights. UPSELL WIZARD does not collect any personal data from Customers. Additionally, if you interacted with UPSELL WIZARD in your capacity as an employee or agent of a Merchant, these rights do not yet apply to you. You may exercise your rights by mailing us a request to Upsell Wizard, 9452 Telephone Rd. #140, Ventura, CA 93004. We will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information in Our records. You must provide the following information with your request: (1) first and last name, (2) email address, and (3) phone number for verification. In some cases, We may request additional information to verify your request or, where necessary, to process your request. If We cannot verify a request adequately, We will notify the requestor.
11. International Data Transfers.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If You choose to use the Service from regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring Your Personal Data outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, which may not have the same data protection laws as Your jurisdiction.
If You are based in Switzerland, your Personal Data may also be held, processed, and accessed outside Switzerland to countries that have not been determined by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of data protection, for instance the United States. In any such transfer, We will put in place appropriate data protection safeguards. Also, We or Our third- party service providers may transfer Your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storing and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service.
Data Protection Policy: https://upsellwizard.com/data-protection